Here’s a round up of all I’ve heard about the local escape room scene since my last Escape Game Rumours post. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update.
Company news and rumours
- One of the London rooms that’s in the process of launching has been blogging about the day-to-day activities. They don’t mention which company they’re from, so I won’t spoil it, but look carefully and it should be obvious.
- Escape Rooms‘ pop-up game “The Bunker” which helped promote 10 Cloverfield Lane got a write up in the Evening Standard.
- Do Stuff Escape Games opened last week with the single game, Hostage Hideout.
- North East England
- Enigmatology opened last week with a single game: The Strange Case of Professor Crowhagen.
- The Midlands
- Clockwork Escapes, a new game based in the Midlands, launched their website.
- Xscape Reality‘s plans in Leicester were featured in a local paper along with a little more detail about their six rooms.
- South West England
- Mission Escape of Exeter are expanding down the road to Plymouth. Their new venue in Holborn St has two games to start with and plans for a third.
- Cornwall’s Great Escape Rooms opened last week with a single room, the Last Tales
- North West England
- Escape Room Centre is opening up in Blackpool in August. As far as I’m aware, it’s a brand new venture but it will be tried and tested games with designs by TRAP: Egyptian and Secret of the Tomb.
- The Escape Room Barrow opened last week with four games
- South East England
- Enter the Key appeared on the scene in the South East with a very cryptic website although, with a little bit of effort, you might be able to see things that aren’t immediately apparent.
- The Milestone Museum got some coverage in the local press about their new escape room.
- Clue Cracker opened in Margate last week.
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!