Welcome back for another thrilling update on the UK and Ireland escape room scene. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update. I’m always on the look out for any new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to you!
Company news and rumours
- Time Run finally announced their long-promised second game. Other than the name, Celestial Chain, and the opening month, November, they’ve given very little information. A careful look at their booking website suggests that they’ll be closing down one of their two existing rooms to make way and doing the work some time in the first couple of weeks of November.
- A new venue is set to open in Bromley in October. Operation Escape are starting out with a World War II escape room with the next room set to open being based around World War I. You might think they’re focusing on historical themes but their third planned game is actually set in the future with a World War III theme.
- No firm details yet but it looks like the Institute of Historical Research will be running an escape room as part of the Being Human festival, themed around the Great Fire of London.
- North East England:
- Escape Rooms Durham opened their second room, Escape from the Lab.
- A new escape room has opened up in Paisley, Renfrewshire. The Exit Games is an interesting venue – it’s being designed and run by school children from Mirren Park School. In case that makes you a little nervous – initial comments from Exit Games Scotland about their opening room, Sherlock’d, were positive.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Code-X, which popped up over the Summer in Leeds, enters its final week with final games being run on Sunday 18th.
- Northern Ireland
- Belfast has a new escape room in the works. Escape Belfast looks set to open in the next month or so with two rooms, Down the Rabbit Hole and The Preacher
- South East England
- The Real Escape in Portsmouth have announced their next two rooms: Dr Ryddle’s Memories opens in October and The Guardians of the Elixir opens in November.
- East Midlands:
- Loughborough hasn’t got an escape room yet but already there’s been coverage in the newspapers of two that are due to open – this time with Break Escape getting a mention.
- The Welsh rampage continues with a new venue opening in Merthyr Tydfil. Mystery Rooms Merthyr will be opening with two rooms, the Olympus Room and Witch Way Out?
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!