Here’s this week’s round up of all I’ve heard about the local escape room scene. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update.
Company news and rumours
- The North West
- A website appeared for Bolton company No Exit suggesting that the blip with planning was only a temporary setback.
- Cliffhanger rooms, between Kendal and Barrow-in-Furness, has been on my radar for a while, but they too have added a website and the suggestion is they’ll be launching very soon.
- Escape Quest in Macclesfield announced that they’re working on a new room, The 13th Element, and it will be appearing some time in the Summer
- The North East
- Cluedini is a startup looking to launch in Autumn of this year in the tiny town of Yarm near Middlesborough. There’s talk of a crowdfunding attempt, which will be tough given the relatively small local population.
- Clue HQ added the Vault, one of the popular franchise games, to its line up last week.
- Exit Plan Edinburgh added a second room, Svengali’s Lair, to their portfolio a couple of weeks ago.
- The South
- History Mystery are about to launch their second game in Norwich. Body of Evidence is another game that ties in with the local history, something I’d like to see more of with escape games.
- There must be something in the water in Norwich, because their near neighbours, Cryptic Escape also announced the arrival of their long awaited game, The Treasure of Greenbeard.
- I was late to hear about it, but a couple of weeks ago Fathom Escape closed their doors. Sad news, although I believe this was mainly through personal reasons rather than a lack of success.
- The Midlands
- Leicester’s undergoing an escape room renaissance with two companies setting down a stake recently. Bolt Out is a brand new operation to the city, while Xscape Reality has listed it as their second confirmed location
In the media
I hear no news is good news…
- Clue HQ Glasgow. £39 for up to 6 people.
- Escape Games London. £20-40 for 1-3 people.
- Quest Room in London. £52 for up to 5 people, £34 for up to 3 people.
- Instinctive Games in Mansfield. £19-34 for 2-5 people.
- ExCLUEsive Games in Newbury. £44 for a team of 3-6 people.
- Hidden Rooms in London. £31-£58 for 3-5 people.
- Escape Live in Southend-on-Sea. £35 for up to 5 people.
- Alien Escape in Southend-on-Sea. £15 per person or £55 for 4.
- BreakFreeNI in Lisburn. £39 for up to 6 people.
- Escap3d in Belfast. £36 for up to 8 people.
- Devastate in Swansea. £45 for up to 5 people.
- Clue HQ in Birmingham. £39 for up to 6 people (Bunker 38b only).
- Code to Exit in Altrincham. £25-40 for 2-4 people (Blueprint only).
- Lockdown Escape in Warrington. £39 for up to 6 people (The Lost Souls only)
- Escape in Blackpool. £22-£38 for 2-4 people (Taken only).
- Trapped in Bury are running a discount for their Cursed Clown Carnival. Use CCC30 to get 30% off
- Escape Game card valid at a number of rooms across the UK and costing $20.
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect then let me know via email or in the comments below, or equally if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!