If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update.
Company news and rumours
- Mission Breakout have just gone live on TripAdvisor in London and are talking of a June opening. No website as yet, but the team seems to be related to Mission Evasion of Lille, France.
- clueQuest had a mini game at the House of Time and Wonder, a collaboration between Timeout and Disney which is advertising their new Alice through the Looking Glass film. They’re also off to London Comic Con this weekend (27-29 May) and are taking along the same mini game to entertain visitors.
- The North
- The Midlands
- Lincoln: Tension Exit Games are going to be open in Lincoln, first with a VR offering using HTC Vive (the technology behind the Virtually Dead attraction) and then with an exit game – first hints in the news article suggest there will be live actors involved.
- Mansfield: Hot on the heels of their game opening in Melton Mowbray, UK Escape Games have also updated their website to include a venue in Mansfield
- The South
- Kent is slowly filling up with Escape Kent swelling the numbers this time. Two games to start with (Alien Attack and Kidnapped) priced from £9.50 per person.
- Bath looks set to get its second game as Keyhole announce their intention to launch next month. The website is still under construction, but says that they’re planning to have two games.
In the media
- The big news this week is that Chris of exitgames.co.uk is hanging up his gloves. Having been a stalwart of the UK and Irish escape scenes for the last couple of years, we’re very sad to see him go, but the good news is that the exitgames website won’t be stopping – he’ll be handing on to someone else to continue the work. You can continue to follow him at exexitgames.co.uk.
- A bit out of date, but I came across an escape room category as part of the UK LARP awards. Five companies were nominated with Clue HQ Warrington winning and Enigma Escape of London the runners up.
- HR News ran a piece on Puzzlement (including graphs from here!).
- The Belfast Vibe had a post on Escap3d
- ExCLUEsive Games in Newbury. £44 for a team of 3-6 people.
- Hidden Rooms in London. £31-£58 for 3-5 people.
- Sherlock Unlock in London. £59 for up to 6 people.
- Escape Live in Southend-on-Sea. £35 for up to 5 people.
- Alien Escape in Southend-on-Sea. £15 per person or £55 for 4.
- BreakFreeNI in Lisburn. £39 for up to 6 people.
- Escap3d in Belfast. £36 for up to 8 people.
- Devastate in Swansea. £45 for up to 5 people.
- Clue HQ in Birmingham. £39 for up to 6 people (Bunker 38b only).
- Code to Exit in Altrincham. £20-40 for 2-4 people (Blueprint only).
- Escape in Blackpool. £22-£38 for 2-4 people (Taken only).
- Enter the Oubliette. 25% off booking (see end of article)
- Omescape of London are running a discount till the end of May. Use OMESCAPE15 to get 15% off
- Trapped in Bury are running a discount for their Cursed Clown Carnival. Use CCC30 to get 30% off
- Escape Game card valid at a number of rooms across the UK and costing $20.
- If you’ve not already seen it, there’s a list of UK escape room sites here. Thanks to Canada’s Errol Elumir for creating that.
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect then let me know via email or in the comments below, or equally if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!