Here’s a round up of all I’ve heard about the local escape room scene since my last Escape Game Rumours post. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update.
Company news and rumours
- Locked in a Room released more details about their upcoming London venue. Based in ExCel London, they aim to have 13, yes THIRTEEN, rooms. Sadly, for those of us who are addicted to escaping, there will only be two different games – both imported from Bristol – Timelock and Invisibility Gene.
- Escape are expanding into London with three games (and a 50% discount opening offer!): Area 51, Casino Escape and Da Vinci.
- Clue Trace is about to open in London. Their based up in the NE of the city and are opening up a single room initially – Mind Crime.
- Do Stuff Escape Games are the latest company to announce an escape room in London. Based down in Battersea, they’re opening at the end of July.
- Waterford once had an escape room that has long since closed down, so it’s great to see another one open. greatescapewaterford.ie are already open for business with two rooms and two more are set to open soon.
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Escape are expanding their brand into Doncaster with Da Vinci and Area 51 first on their list of games to appear there.
- Enigma Games are obviously happy with how things are going in Doncaster because they’re set to open a venue in Sheffield.
- More coverage of Code-X in Leeds, this time in the Yorkshire Evening Post.
- East of England
- Looks like Cambridge Escape Rooms is going to be branching out in Ipswich. No details yet of what they’ll build there, but the website is up and running.
- The Midlands
- South West England
- North West England
- (see mention under the Midlands)
- The TimedTrap crowdfunding campaign failed to get funded. It’s an interesting situation – they’ve clearly got premises and are well into producing the room but never got any traction on the crowdfunding side.
- Dundee Escape Games‘ opening got some coverage in the local press.
- South East England
- Looks like Escape Game Events are going to be heading to Conwy in Wales this Friday as part of STEM Quest – a series of science and technology events being run during the Summer.
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!