Here’s this week’s round up of all I’ve heard about the local escape room scene. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update.
Company news and rumours
- Norwegian (the airline) have been using an escape room in the Westfield shopping centre to advertise their new flight route to Oakland, SF. The 15 minute game, Alcatrapped, involves you attempting to escape Alcatraz Island and ran from Friday to Sunday. A random escaper each day will be picked to receive free flights.
- Enigma Escape’s room was used as the backdrop of a 3 minute Brexit debate segment on BBC One’s This Week a few weeks ago – starts at 6m35s. Warning: if you’re upset by the result of the referendum then I’d caution against watching. (Note: they weren’t, to the best of my knowledge, endorsing that side of the campaign – indeed, I’m not even sure if they knew what the filming would be about beforehand).
- The South West
- If you thought Exeter was the most southerly escape room location in mainland Britain then you’re right, but not for long. Cornwall’s Great Escape Rooms is due to open this Summer in Penzance. Once they’ve taken the crown, I can’t imagine anyone else is going to challenge them for it!
- East Midlands
- Chesterfield’s [ESC] Enter. Solve. Conquer. got a write-up in the Derbyshire Times.
- West Midlands
- East England
- Peterborough’s Hour Escape Rooms opened their new Airlock room.
- Dublin’s looks to be getting a new escape venue – Bolt Dublin have appeared on Twitter and plan to open two rooms over the Summer.
- Elsewhere – because some non-UK/Irish escape room news is interesting.
- Roland Berger is running a recruitment evening in Zurich where they’re using an escape room to see you in action. Not clear that they’re doing it very seriously, but an interesting development.
- Ford have been running an escape room with a car in Manhattan as part of a new advertising campaign. Yes, really. Read the Room Escape Artist’s Review here.
- Escape Livingston. £29 for up to 5 people.
- Clue HQ Glasgow. £39 for up to 6 people.
- Quest Room in London. £52 for up to 5 people, £34 for up to 3 people.
- Instinctive Games in Mansfield. £19-34 for 2-5 people.
- ExCLUEsive Games in Newbury. £44 for a team of 3-6 people.
- Escape Live in Southend-on-Sea. £35 for up to 5 people.
- Alien Escape in Southend-on-Sea. £15 per person or £55 for 4.
- BreakFreeNI in Lisburn. £39 for up to 6 people.
- Escap3d in Belfast. £36 for up to 8 people.
- Devastate in Swansea. £45 for up to 5 people.
- Code to Exit in Altrincham. £25-40 for 2-4 people (Blueprint only).
- Lockdown Escape in Warrington. £39 for up to 6 people (The Lost Souls only)
- Trapped in Bury are running a discount for their Cursed Clown Carnival. Use CCC30 to get 30% off
- Escape Game card valid at a number of rooms across the UK and costing $20.
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!