Here’s this week’s round up of all I’ve heard about the local escape room scene. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update.
Company news and rumours
- Agent November has announced a crowdfunding campaign for the resurrection (and reimagining) of the 2.8 Hours Later event. Nathan, the man behind the company, is aiming to incorporate elements from escape rooms into the new game which will take place both indoors and outdoors. You can bag yourself a ticket through their crowdfunding campaign for around £45, with special offers for those buying larger numbers of tickets.
- Cardiff: After so long without an escape room, Wales seems to be gathering them rapidly. Word in the valleys is that Cardiff is adding another string to its bow with Escape Reality. Their website is suggestive of a company with lofty goals while their Twitter feed suggests that in the shorter term they’ll be opening three rooms in the centre.
- Escape Rooms Scotland have announced that their new Dundee location is opening on 1st July. Priced at £60 per room, they’re opening with two separate games: CARA and Black Pearl
- Move over Inverness: the British Isles has a new most northerly escape room. Locked Shetland has been open for a couple of weeks now. Price is £44-72 for 2-6 players and they currently have just a single room: the Study.
- The National Trust for Scotland has jumped on the escape room bandwagon with their new experience, Escape the Past. Situated in Pollok House in Glasgow, this room is £55 for 2-5 players and opens on 10 June.
- The North
- A long time ago, someone in Wigan made a failed attempt at crowdfunding a room. I’m pleased to hear that the locals won’t have to wait any longer and that Wigan Escape Rooms is soon to open. No address announced yet, but if the website is to be believed, they’ll have four rooms before long.
- According to the Yorkshire Evening Post, Sheffield’s Great Escape is making a great escape of its own up the M1 to Leeds. With last week’s announcement of Parapark, Leeds is becoming a hotbed of escape rooms!
- The South
- Not content with a new most northerly escape room, we’ve also got a new most southerly after a game arrived in Jersey. Escape Tunnels is a new experience within the Jersey War Tunnels attraction. Price is £15pp and the room can hold 4-8.
- Cryptic Escape of Norwich have opened their second room, the Treasure of Green Beard. The cost if £45-75 for 2-5 players.
In the media
- The Bristol Post had an article on seven quirky fathers’ day activities, which included playing an escape room.
- This is Lancashire had an article about the proposed Bolton Escape Room putting in a planning application for a new location
- ExCLUEsive Games in Newbury. £44 for a team of 3-6 people.
- Hidden Rooms in London. £31-£58 for 3-5 people.
- Sherlock Unlock in London. £59 for up to 6 people.
- Escape Live in Southend-on-Sea. £35 for up to 5 people.
- Alien Escape in Southend-on-Sea. £15 per person or £55 for 4.
- BreakFreeNI in Lisburn. £39 for up to 6 people.
- Escap3d in Belfast. £36 for up to 8 people.
- Devastate in Swansea. £45 for up to 5 people.
- Clue HQ in Birmingham. £39 for up to 6 people (Bunker 38b only).
- Code to Exit in Altrincham. £25-40 for 2-4 people (Blueprint only).
- Lockdown Escape in Warrington. £39 for up to 6 people (The Lost Souls only)
- Escape in Blackpool. £22-£38 for 2-4 people (Taken only).
- Omescape of London are running a discount till the end of May. Use OMESCAPE15 to get 15% off
- Trapped in Bury are running a discount for their Cursed Clown Carnival. Use CCC30 to get 30% off
- Escape Game card valid at a number of rooms across the UK and costing $20.
- If you’ve not already seen it, there’s a list of UK escape room review sites/blogs here. Thanks to Canada’s Errol Elumir for creating that.
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect then let me know via email or in the comments below, or equally if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!
New escape rooms opened up in Peterborough this weekend, one room open further rooms to follow.
Hello guys, The Great Escape Game Leeds planning just got excepted! The opening will be mid to late August, we vow that it’s going to be the most advanced escape game the country has ever seen! http://www.thegreatescapegame.co.uk
Great to hear you got through – getting planning permission sorted out seems to be a nightmare! Good luck with setting up!