Welcome back! Here’s a round up of all I’ve heard about the local escape room scene since my last Escape Game Rumours post. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update.
Company news and rumours
- Andy Walsh is a teaching fellow at the University of Huddersfield who’s seen the learning opportunities that escape rooms bring. If you read his Games for Libraries blog and Innovative Libraries site, you’ll see he’s been doing interesting things in the area and has now decided to launch a Kickstarter project aimed at putting together an escape room box for schools. Reading between the lines, it appears to be a UK focused and souped up version of Breakout EDU. Looks like a perfect opportunity for companies to get involved with the local community as well as getting kids talking about escape rooms.
- East England:
- Oliver Cromwell’s House escape room got a mention in the Ely Standard.
- North West England:
- Lucardo opened in Manchester last week. It was just exiting beta testing while I was up last week and the only room up and running was a beginners’ room but hopefully I’ll make it across the next time I’m up.
- South East England
- The Midlands
- The Welsh invasion continues. After news of a couple of rooms up in the North, it’s back down south for Newport to get in on the action. Dark Rooms Newport isn’t giving away a lot other than to say it will be open in Autumn.
- The temporary (and free!) Val McDermid Room opens on Saturday for a handful of days.
- The South West
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!