Here’s a round up of all I’ve heard about the local escape room scene since my last Escape Game Rumours post. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update.
Company news and rumours
- I’m a Kid, Get Me Out of Here seems to be something very similar to an escape room operating in London over the Summer Holidays. Deeply disappointed that I didn’t find out about it till too late to take midi-Logic and mini-Logic. The site was also mentioned in this article
- Looking for a job in escape room design? Xscape Reality are looking for you!
- (see Midlands for mention of clueQuest)
- Groupon offers for Do Stuff Escape Games as well as Rooms Quest,
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Locked in North Wales are a new company looking to open in North Wales. No details about when they’re going to open beyond this Autumn, but they’ve got plans for five rooms and this article suggests that they’ve got plenty of escaping experience.
- Ultimate Escape opened in Llandudno with their first game CSI Murder Mystery.
- The Midlands
- UK Escape Games opened in Mansfield with three rooms – two from their other site in Melton Mowbray and a new one centred round Robin Hood.
- clueQuest are up at a Table Top Gaming event in Telford where they’ve extended their eight minute game to last fifteen minutes. Interestingly they’re charging £5 per person for up to 4 people which equates to a maximum of approximately a couple of thousand pounds. I’m curious to see whether attendance is a purely commercial decision or whether this is a marketing event. In the Midlands. Where clueQuest aren’t based. At the moment. Gotta love some speculation 🙂
- The East of England
- There’s a Groupon offer for aMAZEing places.
- South East England
- The Panic Room announced a second location in Gravesend (and third overall). The Dollhouse will be their first game to open there, but two more are scheduled to follow. Don’t worry about going to the wrong location Gravesend location, though – it’s only thirty seconds from the original venue.
- Portsmouth Historic Dockyard announced an escape room that’s due to open in late August. Titled “Explosive Escape” it’s for 4-8 players and set during the Second World War.
- South West England
- North West England
- Room 60 Escape are opening up in Preston. Very little on their website as of yet.
- Escapism Chester have opened in Chester and been visited by the Chester Chronicle.
- The Escape Room Barrow got a visit from the North West Evening Mail.
- Escape Quest opened their fourth room, the 13th Element. Given my very positive experiences at their other three rooms, I’d highly recommend.
- Rooms Quest have a Groupon deal.
- “EXIT – Das Spiel” is a new escape room board game that’s been announced in Germany. This is a continuation of a trend that started about six months ago. I’m really expecting there to be several different options by Christmas.
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!