Happy Bank Holiday Monday! Apologies for the short hiatus – even escape enthusiasts have to take a holiday sometimes (well, from blogging at least – expect a few reviews to start appearing soon!). Here’s a round up of all I’ve heard about the local escape room scene since my last Escape Game Rumours post. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update.
Company news and rumours
- Locked in a Room are due to open at the ExCel centre with two rooms: Timelock and Invisibility Gene
- Mind Crime is due to open at Clue Trace
- Hidden Rooms appears to have closed its doors. It’s not clear whether that’s a temporary thing or permanent. Watch this space!
- Handmade Mysteries announced a new game, Poppa Plock’s Wonky Workshop (opening in the autumn, although it’s not clear where it’s going to be sited)
- North West England:
- Escape Room Centre (Blackpool) opened with two rooms: the Egyptian Room and Secret of the Tomb (expect reviews soon!)
- Breakout Challenge are opening the office of Sir Chinn in Dukinfield, just East of Manchester.
- Breakout Manchester closed Monroe’s Detective Office
- They also got themselves a mention for being the biggest escape room company in the country
- Yorkshire and the Humber:
- Time Trapped (Bradford) opened with two rooms: Prison Break and Sherlock
- Ultimate Escape opened Escape from the Future (expect reviews of both their games soon!)
- South East England: City Mazes Oxford opened Pandora’s Escape
- City Mazes Oxford opened Operation Spaced X
- Lifford Courthouse‘s escape got a mention in the Times for their escape room.
- South East England:
- East of England:
- Hide and Shriek closed their escape room, Alien Escape. I’m hopeful they’ll open a new room in the future with more interesting puzzles but still retaining the amazing theatre.
- aMAZEing places opened Spy and are about to open Escape from Arcem.
- West Midlands:
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!