A relatively quiet week this time. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update. I’m always on the look out for any new games or venues that are opening, references in the media or anything else that might be of interest to you!
Company news and rumours
- Finding Sherlock Holmes opens this week at Inside Out Escape.
- Operation Escape launch next month but they’ve already started getting some media attention. This article focuses on the background to the owners and why they decided to choose war theme that they settled on.
- If you’re looking for discounts in London, I pulled together everything I could find on the web plus a few special codes just for readers of this site. If you’re thinking of visiting London this year, they’re well worth a look.
- The East Coast of Scotland continues to be a mecca for escape rooms with Aberdeen being the lucky recipient this time. The Locked Door is planning to open with The Heist and they’ve hinted at plans to open up a second room.
- Exit Plan Edinburgh opened a third room a couple of weeks ago. Framed sees you framed for a series of murders and trapped inside a building with the police on their way.
- It’s all happening in Scotland this month with a popup escape room opening as part of the Midlothian Science Festival (specifically, in Penicuik, just south of Edinburgh). Escape the Cell promises you’ll be cracking codes of the biological variety! HT to Exit Games Scotland for spotting that.
- Exit Games Scotland also blogged about a collaboration between ITV and Escape as some sort of promotional tie in for some of their crime series. It seems to have been run back in April for a select group of people and it’s not clear it ran for more than a day but it’s fascinating to see more companies want to get in on the escape room action.
- South West England:
- Still early days, but it looks like Andover is going to be getting an escape room in the not too distant future. No details on opening dates or games. Indeed the only thing I could find out is that it looks like KLB Escape Rooms takes its name from its owners initials.
- “FRAMED – guilty until proven innocent” is opening at Salisbury Escape Room. I’ve heard good things about their previous games so looking forward to finding out what this one is like.
- The Bristol Post paid a visit to the Bristol Maze and were suitably impressed.
- East of England
- Cambridge has a long tradition of running popup escape rooms in the various libraries. This time round the staff at the Polar institute are re-opening one of their games. For two nights only, in October and November, they’re running The Polar Domes but with only ten slots, and booking dates being announced well in advance, you’ll need to be in quick to get a place!
- South East England
- Not amazingly interesting but another sign that escape rooms are becoming increasingly mainstream. Here‘s a team building company that’s added an escape room to its repertoire.
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect or if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, then let me know via email or in the comments below and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!