Here’s this week’s round up of all I’ve heard about the local escape room scene. If there’s anything you think is missing from here or you have some news then let me know via email and I’ll add it in the next update.
Company news and rumours
- Locked In a Room have been successful over in Bristol and now it looks like they’re bringing their operation to London. The Excel centre to be more precise. According to their website, the plan is to open in the Summer – watch this space.
- Sherlock Unlock look like they’re going to reveal a new room soon. The trailer for Mutiny suggests that they’ve put a decent amount of effort into decoration for their new game.
- Last week saw us bid a fond farewell to Escape the Oubliette who closed the doors on their adventure shop one final time on Saturday and ripped the game out on Sunday. Yet to hear what their next project will be – let’s hope it’s an escape room!
- The Gr8 Escape Belfast are moving to a new venue on the High Street. They’re in the middle of renovating the new premises with four new games. More details when I hear them.
- Irish Escape Rooms is set to open in Athlone, a town right in the heart of the island. Rooms are for 3-6 people. Thanks for Exit Games Scotland for pointing that out.
- The North West
- Like Harry Potter? Like escape rooms? Then this event to celebrate the launch of the Cursed Child may be for you. For £15 you get a copy of the new book and a chance to play Breakout’s mini game on 30th July.
- Clue HQ Glasgow opened on Friday
- The South
- Peterborough looks to be adding another escape room to its attractions. Thinking Outside the Box escape room plan to have three games for 2-6 people.
- Escape Plan Live look to be about to announce their next game, entitled “Body Parts”…
- The Midlands
- I’ve heard about it a couple of times but forgotten to post. Fortunately, Escape Review reminded me that Escape Live have suggested their next opening will be over in Coventry.
In the media
I hear no news is good news…
- Clue HQ Glasgow. £39 for up to 6 people.
- Quest Room in London. £52 for up to 5 people, £34 for up to 3 people.
- Instinctive Games in Mansfield. £19-34 for 2-5 people.
- ExCLUEsive Games in Newbury. £44 for a team of 3-6 people.
- Escape Live in Southend-on-Sea. £35 for up to 5 people.
- Alien Escape in Southend-on-Sea. £15 per person or £55 for 4.
- BreakFreeNI in Lisburn. £39 for up to 6 people.
- Escap3d in Belfast. £36 for up to 8 people.
- Devastate in Swansea. £45 for up to 5 people.
- Code to Exit in Altrincham. £25-40 for 2-4 people (Blueprint only).
- Lockdown Escape in Warrington. £39 for up to 6 people (The Lost Souls only)
- Trapped in Bury are running a discount for their Cursed Clown Carnival. Use CCC30 to get 30% off
- Escape Game card valid at a number of rooms across the UK and costing $20.
That’s all folks
That’s all I’m aware of. If any of the above is incorrect then let me know via email or in the comments below, or equally if you’re aware of other news, discounts or competitions, and I’ll include updates in the next edition.
Thanks for reading!